Mouse clicking has got to be one of the most annoying sounds, primarily if you work in an office. Nowadays, silent mice aren’t given much attention, making it difficult to get the ideal mouse for a quiet computer setup. Alternatively, you can have silent mouse clicks if you wish.
Perhaps you are wondering how to silent mouse clicks exactly. You’re in the right place because we will tell you precisely what you need to know today. Many things can be done to silent mouse clicks, including cleaning dust from your mouse, repairing the USB cable, using thick foam, and adding insulation.
- Remove dust from your mouse.
- Fix the USB power cable
- Make use of a thick foam mousepad
- Insulate the switches
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
How To Silent Mouse Click? A-Step-By-Step-Guide
1- Remove Dust From Your Mouse
In terms of the first method, it is pretty obvious. However, you must ensure that you do it as thoroughly as possible. In a nutshell, you need to unscrew the frame first, then open up the mouse. Next, take a small microfiber cloth and gently wipe the outside of the frame.
On the inside, use a cotton bud or something gentler. To clean your mouse, use a cotton swab to remove dirt and dust from the switches and the internal circuitry. As a result, any noise caused by dust will undoubtedly be resolved as well.
2- Fix The USB Power Cable
A bad USB cable can also lead to problems with your computer mouse. Then you’ll need to cut the wire. If there is a problem or detachment with the insulation, put a new layer on the wires. In case you have no experience with this, you can take the mouse to a repair shop, and they will be able to fix it for you in no time at all. As a result, this might also help with your noise issue.
3- Make Use Of A Thick Foam Mousepad
You can also adjust the mouse if you feel it is too heavy or is causing unnecessary screeches or sounds because it is in direct contact with the desk. The only thing you need to do is to be a little creative.
The basic process is to take the mouse, unplug it, place a piece of fabric on the desk, put a decent mousepad on it, and then plug it back in. As a result, the mouse won’t make as much noise because the fabric and mousepad will dampen the sound of the clash.
4- Insulate The Switches
Insulation is the last but most effective method for computer mouse clicking noise. The same solution can be achieved by using thin foam pads or pieces of fabric. You’re going to open up the mouse. Looking at the top of the mouse circuit, you’ll see several switches that are used for each of the click buttons on the mouse.
You must stick fabric or foam in the center of the switch within a layer of glue so that you can still click the switch underneath them. Then you can use the mouse. It will surprise you how quiet the mouse is as you use it for the first time.
Below is the most frequently asked questions related to this topic.
What Are The Reasons I Hear So Much Noise From My Computer Mouse?
There are several reasons why a computer mouse makes noise internally or externally. Take a look at some of the culprits causing noise in your computer mouse to get a better understanding.
- Perhaps you bought a mouse that makes a louder clicking sound than you expected, and now it’s disrupting your quiet working or playing environment.
- If the mouse fell down or splashed something on it, or anything like that happened, the internal parts might’ve been damaged, which would’ve caused the mouse to make noise when moving.
- Plugging your computer mouse into a broken USB port could cause more problems than solutions.
- Your computer mouse will get dusty, and even the clicks may get jammed if you set up your desk in an area with a lot of dust. That could also be a problem.
- If the mouse is sub-standard in quality, it might exhibit abnormal behavior and make unnecessary noise after 2-3 years of use.
What Are The Benefits Of Silencing Mouse Clicks?
There are several benefits to using a silent mouse. Here are a few significant benefits and advantages.
- A silent mouse will help if you’re working in a quiet environment where you don’t want to disturb others while you use your computer by not making any unnecessary noise.
- A quieter mouse is always more comfortable than others because it is easier to control, lighter on its feet, and has better ergonomics.
- A silent mouse has many additional features, including wireless connectivity, extra buttons, ergonomics, RGB backlighting, intelligent functions, and other ergonomics. Therefore, all these features make these computer mice better.
Is There A Mouse That Has A Silent Click Feature?
There is no doubt that mouse clicking is one of the most annoying noises you can hear, primarily if you work in an office with a lot of other people in close quarters. Silent mice are computer mice that use rubber dampers to cushion the button switches on their buttons, reducing the noise and the vibration they produce.
Even though it may not make the switches truly silent, it significantly reduces the amount of noise made when you click a button on your mouse.
How Do I Choose The Best Computer Mouse That Is Silent?
So you’re thinking about buying a new mouse anyway, and you’ve set your eye on the silent computer mice and are thinking about buying one? Here are the top 3 silent computer mice which can be found in the market today with great features and amazing benefits.
1- Silent gaming mouse Razer DeathAdder V2
It comes with fully customizable RGB lighting, auto-calibration of the mouse pad to reduce drift, and a three times faster switch mechanism than a standard mouse.
2- Wireless Logitech M220 silent mouse
Using a USB receiver, the Logitech M220 Silent Wireless Mouse connects wirelessly. It offers 90% more silence than standard computer mice. As a result, buying it would be a good decision for you to make.
On a Mac, How Can I Mute The Mouse Clicks?
If you’re tired of hearing your Mac trackpad click every time you click on it, you can disable the sound, so it clicks silently. The steps below will help you get rid of mouse clicks on Mac.
- Open System Preferences on your Mac. You can access it from the Apple icon’s Dock, Launchpad, or menu bar.
- Select Trackpad from the menu.
- There’s a silent clicking option under the Point & Click tab. Please enable it.
- Ensure the box is blue and checked next to “Silent Clicking.” Now you can click silently.
You won’t hear any audible feedback when this option is enabled. You can disable the feature to reverse the action.
When it comes to silencing a computer mouse quiet, it can go quite a long way, especially if you’re working professionally or have other people around you that you don’t want to disrupt. The above tools and techniques can help you to easily make your mouse not make any sound when it is being used.
Besides that, you can get a silent mouse and make your life a little bit easier. Thanks for reading this article. I hope you learned a lot from it, and we are sure you’ll have a great time using it in the future.